We believe that the God of the Bible created the earth and all that is in it and has worked throughout history to restore men, women, and children to a meaningful relationship with Him. We believe that God ultimately fulfilled this by sending His only Son Jesus Christ to earth through a virgin birth, by proclaiming His Will and Wisdom through the teaching ministry of Jesus, by sacrificing His Son to death on a cross as the punishment for the sins of the world, and by raising Jesus from the dead three days later.
We believe that all mankind is eternally lost and in need of spiritual salvation. This salvation is a gift of God’s grace, made available through the price Jesus Christ paid on the cross. This salvation, which brings the forgiveness of sins, eternal life in heaven, and the indwelling Holy Spirit, is received through faith, demonstrated in five specific and different steps:
- Believing in Jesus Christ. (John 3:16, Hebrews 11:6)
- Repenting from sin. (Acts 2:38, 17:30-31)
- Confessing a commitment to Jesus Christ. (Matthew 10:32-33, Romans 10:9)
- Being baptized through immersion. (Acts 2:38, 22:16, Romans 6:3-6)
- Living a faithful, godly life. (Ephesians 2:10, Revelation 2:10)
We believe that Christians are actively involved in the local church through weekly worship, service, and general support. The church is the body of Christ on earth to continue the ministry of Jesus Christ by seeking to restore men, women, and children into a meaningful relationship with the Heavenly Father.